Monday, April 15, 2024

We Made It!!!

 Whew!
We got in about 11:45 last night.
And I was EXHAUSTED!!!
I only drove for about 124 miles,
but it was still a LONG 2 days.
(I drove for a little on Saturday too...)

Boy was I happy to get into my REAL bed.
A blow up mattress is fine and all that,
but a nice warm waterbed with my
darling husband is AWESOME.

This morning I did a T-Tapp workout
and then took a lovely shower and
washed my hair.
(We still haven't fixed the shower at
the little house, so showers were quick
and infrequent...)

And then Kyle and I ran to WalMart to get
some groceries and other stuff we needed.
Then to the house to unload and
TAKE A NAP!!!

Also I did laundry.
And put a pork roast in the crock pot.

And then I taught a HUGE class!
My classes have been running between
13 and 15 students for the last months.
Tonight I had TWENTY-EIGHT!!
Wow!
It's been awhile since we've seen those numbers.

Anyhow.
I'm bushed.
And I'm off to bed.


Oh yah, I forgot I took this picture 
when we got on the road.
This is the Love's truck stop in Ellis.
The first town out of WaKeeney.
Just before Hays.

It was a good trip, pretty uneventful.
Except the running lights didn't work on the trailer.
It was the truck, not the trailer, they didn't work
on the uHaul either, but we thought it was the trailer.
(Luckily I'm a pansy and we stopped about dark
every night on the way out... we didn't figure
out the running lights weren't working until 
Monday morning...)

The lights worked on the stock trailer when Kyle was
pulling it with HIS truck, but on Rod's truck
they didn't work.
So we tried lots of options, but finally ended up
at Tractor Supply in some town somewhere
and bought a pigtail that hooked into the gooseneck.
Ran it out the bed of the truck and into the
trailer hitch. That worked. YEA!!!

Other than that... it was just a LONG LONG trip.
We spent the night just outside of Memphis.
Got up nice and early and hit the road again.
Kyle's mattress was in the bed of the truck
(under the topper) so he slept in there
and I took the back seat.

So we were HAPPY to be home in our own beds.

No comments: