Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Septic!!!

 It's not PRETTY,
but it is EXCITING!


Yes, I took the picture through the screen.
lol.

They started working on the septic
yesterday afternoon.
It went GREAT.
Until they hit a layer of solid limestone.

Who knew.


But they persevered and figured out a
way to get it in the hole
and then build up the ground AROUND
and over it, so it's still buried at the
required depth.
(It gets inspected tomorrow morning...
fingers CROSSED!)


Notice there is a LOT of space under the house.
Even the AC unit is WAAAY up there on a platform.

The plan has always been to put some
cinder block around the base and then
bring in fill dirt and raise the land up
so there isn't such a HUGE drop
(and fewer stairs from the future deck...)
So the plan should work out.
We hope.


Phew!
Hopefully it will pass.
We are so grateful for these men who
are so willing to do what it takes
to get us into our new house.

Meanwhile.......
Rod and I will be driving down to Wichita
in the morning for an 11:30am flight
to Tucson to join the rest of the family
for a Celebration of Dad's Life.

We will be back late on Tuesday.
I'll be teaching from there (as usual)
so will have the computer with me.
I'll try to post some pictures while I'm gone.
But you know I'm terrible at that...
lol.

So...
have a good weekend!
I'm excited to see the house when
we get back.
It's basically DONE.
Just some minor stuff like a bench
in the prep room and one to sit on
in the mud room,
shelves,
handles on the cabinets,
that sort of stuff.

So.
Next week?
MOVING!
But first, we have important matters
to attend to and family members to love on.
Love you all!

No comments: