There is stuff to do.
But I don't want to do it.
(grin)
I could say it's because I taught
over the weekend.
Or because it's chilly in the house.
Or I'm a teeeeeny tiny bit burned out
on preparing food.
And all of that would be accurate.
I have cucumbers that need to be
put into the freeze dryer.
And tomatoes that need to come OUT
of the freezer.
And onions that need to be chopped
and put IN the freezer.
And a chest freezer that needs to be emptied,
inventoried, and organized.
And I need to get a big pot of soup on
the stove for dinner after class tonight.
(yum!)
But I don't WANT to do any of that.
Kyle came by and we went for a walk
up our magical path.
It's so pretty after the rain last week.
We got to the fence where we usually
turn around, and instead we headed up
the hill to the hill top tree.
If you squint really hard, you can
just barely make out the garden.
With my glasses on, I could just see
some of the white tops on the t-posts
and a couple of the orange buckets.
It was a lovely walk.
The dogs were tired!
(Bear starts with a trip to the pig yard
where he runs and plays with the big dogs,
and THEN they walk down to our house
and what ever walk we decide, and then
they still have to go back up the hills to
their house...)
So we stopped for a bit at the big stock
tank and Kyle lifted him in so he could
play in the leftover rain water.
Cool off and get a drink.
(I just dipped some water into a bowl
for Beau, he's not as big a fan of
"swimming" as Bear.)
Rod is busy putting another coat on the island.
In between getting the cinder blocks cemented
in under the house.
And Jim just arrived, so he and Kyle are down
harvesting pumpkins for Jim to take into
town and try to sell now that it's October.
I guess I should get something done.
I blogged....... doesn't that count?
hahahaha.
(I also sat down and played my piano
for a bit - first time since we moved!)
Need to get ready to teach here in 2 hours.
And maybe I can have the guys help
put the freeze dryer on a pallet so we can
get it shipped back to Utah for repairs.
Ok.
Get crackin' girl!




1 comment:
Ya! Get cracking! Stop dilly-dallying!!
Post a Comment