Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Good News Bad News

 So.... as I probably mentioned,
the new Freeze Dryer is broken.

It only worked for 2.5 runs.
And then it started popping the
circuit breaker.

So the good news is it didn't burn
the house down...
the breaker did its job.

But the bad news is, its broken.

I finally got in touch with the
technical support today and 
they had me do a bunch of tests
and we determined it's the freezer
unit that isn't right.

So the good news is,
there is a 3 year limited warranty
on anything related to the freezer system.
YEA!
(Because my 1 year warranty ended
on 7/23/26 and it broke on 8/25/26...)
Of course, it was in storage in the
garage for the entire time.

But anyway.

The bad news is...
I need to ship it back to the company to repair.

Tomorrow morning I'll take pictures
of all the sides (for insurance, so it doesn't
come back with unexplained damage)
and then they will put in the repair ticket
and call me with the estimated cost for
the shipping (my dime) and send me
all the boxes, etc we need to package it 
up so FedEx can come pick it up.

And then..........
hopefully they will fix it and it will
be all new and working great.
And whatever is wrong will be all
covered under the warranty.

But in the meantime,
I'm back down to one machine.
(Not that I ever really had 2....)


They needed pictures of the plug
all plugged in.
And the breaker.
And the chord (to check for damage).
So now I just need the other 5 pictures,
but by that time it was time to start
tonight's class, so we'll do that
in the morning.

Good thing we are nearly done with
harvest season!

I picked more red okra,
but the greens aren't quite ready yet.

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Bummer, but glad it's under warranty. Fingers crossed they can fix it!