The cucumber chunks are FINALLY
ready to come out of the freeze dryer.
So I need to get something ready to go in.
I think today I'll slice up the
lemon boy tomatoes we harvested.
They are DELICIOUS!
I've seen lots of folks just slicing
tomatoes, freeze drying them,
and them putting them in jars to
use crunchy on burgers.
That sounds YUMMY!
But I don't have enough for 5 trays.
So I'll have to think of something
else to put on the others.
This is how many tomatoes I have right now.
And there are some more in the garden...
Yesterday I did spaghetti sauce.
Jim came over and tasted it and
said it tasted like it came from a
jar in the grocery store.
And then he spread some on a
piece of bread and sprinkled some
parm cheese on top and ate it.
So it must be good.
(hahahaha)
I still have another batch I ran out
of time to do anything with.
The ones we did yesterday still
had seeds in them.
This batch I thawed, slipped the
skins off, and then Rod ran them
through the manual food mill and
got all the seeds out.
Then we added onions, peppers,
some Italian seasoning and
sugar, salt & pepper.
So it's still chunky, but no seeds.
I think that will be the way to go
from now on.
That batch just came out of the fridge
and is on the stove heating up while
I do a quick update on here and get
some breakfast in our tummies.
Picklers
Slicers
We will have a LOT of cucumbers.
We won't be able to use them all,
but the pigs LOVE them,
so we can turn them into BACON!
(always a win)
And then Rod came in from the car
with all the stuff he picked up yesterday
including the mail from the town house.
Oh my goodness Mom!
SO ADORABLE!!!
I'll bet the residents LOVED these!
Ok, I gotta get a move on.






No comments:
Post a Comment