Sunday, September 27, 2026

Random Weekend Stuff

 I taught this weekend,
so Rod did the farmers market
by himself.

And he had a pretty good day,
considering it was the last one
of the season.
(Last week we did $15 total... hahaha!)
This week he caught a GENEROUS
Dad and daughter, so he made $66!
Kind of glad the season is done.

We have OTHER stuff to do!

We got the packing material on Friday,
so tomorrow we will watch the
tutorial video and then pack up the
freeze dryer and get it on its way back
to the factory.
They say 4-6 weeks to repair.

In the meantime,
it was a BEAUTIFUL moon last night!


We put christmas lights around the back
section so Beau can go outside at night
and not worry that he might get eaten.
He gets a little nervous out there.
But the lights have helped!

Yesterday was a lovely day,
the high was in the 80's.

And then today it cooled off again.
So for lunch I opened a can of
cream of mushroom soup,
mixed it with a can of milk and
ATE THE WHOLE THING.


I haven't had a can of soup in 
FOREVER.
And it was really good.

The weather is cooling off now that
fall is officially here,
so I might be adding more soups to
the weekly menu.
Potato,
Nancy's corn,
broc cheddar,
and anything else I find
that might be YUMMY.

But for now,
I just finished teaching and doing
all the necessary paperwork,
so I'm going to go sit in
the living room with Rod.

Well, first I'm going to whip up
a meatloaf and get it in the oven,
and then do some potatoes to mash...

The freeze dryer just switched into
"extra dry mode" for the next 24 hours
on the mangos I put in there on Friday.
So I'll process them on Monday.

And then I need to get working on the
potatoes and the onions that are
taking up a ton of space in the prep room.
(Also, there are always MORE cucumbers
that I could also get into the machine
and do more dill pickle flavored chips...)

Always something to do.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
We did!

(During my 15 minute break this afternoon,
I hopped on the 4-wheeler and buzzed up
to the 40 acres behind Kyle's house where
he is on the tractor and mowing where
he plans to put his garden next year...)
It was FUN!
(And I made it back with 46 seconds to spare!)
Whew!

No comments: