Rod and I dashed into town
(Hill City) this morning and
picked up his paycheck and some
varnish for the island.
Also 2 boxes of brownie mix.
And a loaf of bread.
(grin)
And then he got started on the island!
Doesn't it look good???
It really brings out the grain and
the interest in the beautiful acacia wood.
And I'm happy that it's a little darker
than the floor.
Now it's a statement piece, not just an
extension of the floor colors.
This is after one coat and a light sanding.
We are going to let it dry overnight
(it was dry, but it's pretty chilly in the house
and it was balling up a little on the sander,
so we are going to give it another day...)
I hope to have a class tomorrow, but there
are only 17 students pre-registered... so we'll see.
He has to work at the hardware store and
then head straight into Hays for the baptism.
So there won't be time to do another coat.
So we will probably do one on Sunday between
conference sessions.
We'll see.
Anyhow.
I'm excited with how it is looking!!!


1 comment:
Looks amazing!!
Post a Comment