Monday, October 7, 2024

Hurricane Milton

 So...
we moved.
But that doesn't mean we don't still keep
an eye on the hurricanes.
Because..... JIM AND SABRINA!!!!

So, yeah.


He looks like a big one.
Currently running at a Cat 3.
But anticipated to hit 4 or possibly 5 by
the time it hits Tampa.
Should lower a little by the time it
hops across the state, but will still
be a rain maker.


See the little orange dot on the east side of the state?
They are between the word Orlando and the dot.
So... 6-8 inches is what is forecast.
Luckily they are inland a little so they don't
need to worry about the river water rising.
(We were about a mile from the river, the river
was a mile wide, and then another mile barrier
island to the ocean. So we were generally safe from
storm surge as well, they are another mile-ish inland 
from where we were...)

They will be fine.
But prayers are always appreciated.
And, on the upside, Jim is a licensed insurance adjuster,
so he may be BUSY going forward, which is 
really good financially for them.
AND we have a little 5 acre spot all picked
out for them here!!!!  (hint hint!)

Meanwhile,
I subbed the morning class this morning because
Beth lives in Tampa - ground zero.
She left last night and drove to her friend's in Georgia.
So I taught for her this morning.
She will teach the rest of her classes this week.
I'll do my regular night classes.

And then NEXT WEEK,
Rod and I are driving to Wichita and staying
in a hotel Monday night (where I will teach my class...
always fun using hotel wifi)
and then early Tuesday morning I am hopping on
an airplane and HEADING TO TUCSON!!!
I can't believe it's next week already!
So excited to get to celebrate Mom's birthday with her
and all the family (well, lots of the family...)

Anyhow.
That's what's happening in our neck of the woods today.
But as usual, I have a gazillion things I need to do
and only a short time to do it in before I
need to start up another class.

Enjoy your day and keep the entire East Coast
in your prayers. Especially those who were
already hit so hard by Helene and now Milton
is just going to add to the water that is already there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you! -♥️J & S