Thursday, August 6, 2026

Another Busy, Productive Day

 Ok, we have lived here for
ONE WEEK!

It feels like much longer.

But today we enjoyed a little 
sunshine on our porch.

And I went to the old house and
got another car load of stuff.
Including Rod's computer and
our desks.
Eventually we are building desks
in the two corners, but for now,
we will just use the tables we were
using in WaKeeney.
They worked fine.

Kyle and Rod went up to the 
storage unit and got the other
chest freezer and put it
in the shop.
After spending a couple hours
cleaning up the shop.

Poor Rod.
It has been the staging / dumping
area during the build.

There's STILL a lot of stuff in there,
but at least it is more organized.


Kyle and Bear came and got Beau and I
this morning and we went for a walk
out to the barrow pit.
(Where he's pulling dirt...)
The dirt was cool, so Bear decided
to play KING OF THE HILL.


It was a nice walk out and back.

While Kyle was working in the garden,
planting our fall crop of peas and beans...
Rod and I glued down the acacia wood
on top of the island.

It needed to be held down with something
heavy for 24 hours.


Luckily we have a LOT of heavy boxes
just kind of laying around.

We also got our new bedspread!


I'm really happy with it!
I ordered a California King and put it on
sideways so it would reach to the floor
on all 3 sides.

I think it looks nice.
It will look even nicer when we 
get some art on the wall,
but it's a start!

And now we are eating some
mac and cheese for dinner
and watching a Hallmark movie.

No comments: