In the middle of all the moving
and boxes and hanging art,
we were at Tractor Supply on Tuesday
and they got us again.
$1.00 each chicks!
So we bought them.
All.
It was a LOT of chicks.
(Well, not really, but they only put
6 in each box, so it was a lot of boxes.)
Ok, it actually IS a lot of chicks.
24 of them are confirmed females.
The other 14 are anybody's guess.
We are hoping for 2 roosters.
If we get more than that, we will
eat them, but we need some roosters.
Partly to help protect the flock from
predators and mostly to make our own
chicks so we can stop buying them.
Chicks these days are EXPENSIVE!
Usually these Rhode Island Reds are
close to $5.00 each.
And then, if I order them, I have to
pay overnight shipping as well.
Anyhow.
We have chicks in Rod's shop.
They should be ready to move out in
4 or 5 weeks.
In the meantime,
this morning my handy man put up
wood trim around the sliding glass doors.
And then he hung a curtain rod so
we can block the HOT morning sun.
We need another package of curtains,
they spread across, but only if they
are completely straight and I want some
fluff to them, so I'll grab another pack
when I'm in town next time.
It's coming together!!!
I REALLY like it!




No comments:
Post a Comment