Friday, August 21, 2026

It's A Constant!!!

 There is ALWAYS something to be done.
And often MORE than we have time for.

But we aren't any different than any
other farm family... August has a
way of doing that.


Check out the tomatoes!


The Romas are beautiful and HEAVY producers.
They are a "determinate" tomato, which means
there are a certain number of fruit and they all come
in at the same time.
Luckily they don't all ripen on the same day...
but once they are done, they are done.
They don't keep fruiting.


There's a LOT of them, though!
LOL.
(And that's probably only half... I have 2 or 3
two gallon ziplock bags in the freezer and
WAY more on the plants.)


The Okra is also coming in strong.
We have several bags cut in the freezer
and ready for us to enjoy over the winter.


Speaking of enjoying,
check out that beautiful flower!
I'm so in love with these orange / burgundy
okra. They are pretty, sweet and large.
We will be growing them again for sure!

And, of course, we are continuing the
moving in process.
Making our house a home.


Today we turned the living room,
put the TV under the window,
moved the piano into the living room area,
the island is still a mess... lol.
And there are still boxes, but WAAAAY less.


AND now we have TWO working
freeze dryers!

So exciting,
and good news because we have a LOT
of produce that needs to be freeze dried.

But now...
class is over, I'm going to go whip up
some alfredo and garlic bread.
And then get stuff organized for the
farmers market in the morning.
(And then I need to run into town
for a RS Activity - Bunco & Brownies.)
I've never played bunco, but they say
it is fun. And I have an order I need
to pick up from WalMart.

OK.
Night all!
Have a happy weekend!

No comments: