Today Dad would turn 95.
I'm grateful he is able to celebrate
this day in heaven with his friends and
family from that side of the veil.
But I miss him here.
In his honor I went for a walk this morning.
Grateful for the shade of some
trees along the way.
Dad enjoyed his time in nature.
If I could whistle, I would have.
But I can't, so instead I listened to
some pretty music on my phone.
This is the very back fence on our property.
(Also the ward boundary... lol)
This is where our herd of deer bed down
during the night.
When you turn to go back you
realize it's a LONG way... hahaha.
When I zoom in you can see the
tip of our roof off to the left.
And if you look up and zoom in,
there is the pig barn on the right,
the chicken house in the center,
and Kyle's 2nd floor on the left.
The garden is in the valley, but
off to the left where you can't see it.
(This is taken at the 1/3 mark, by
the water trough...)
Speaking of the water trough...
it had some visitors this morning.
There's only a little bit of rain water
in the bottom right now.
I watched them for a bit and then
hollered, EVERY BODY OUT OF THE POOL.
They scampered away...
But his buddy had to get a peak at
me first...
I know Dad would have enjoyed the encounter.
Happy Birthday Dad!
I love you.
I miss you.
I'm proud of the life you lived.
And if I knew what you were
up to up there, I know I would
continue to be proud to
be your daughter.











No comments:
Post a Comment