Monday, June 27, 2011

KNOTS

Thirty years ago today, my darling husband and I tied the knot.


We were six.

But, when I got thinking about it, it was more of a "slip" knot.  You know, the kind you can untie pretty easily.  A sort of temporary knot.  A "til death do you part" sort of knot.  A good knot, but not a perfect knot.

We recently also celebrated the day, 7 years ago, that we tied "THE" knot.  A bowline if you will.  The one you use to secure something valuable and then are pretty sure it will NEVER come untied.  A sort of permanent knot.  A "time and all eternity" sort of knot.  A perfect knot.



Not the actual day - but a good day never-the-less.

I'm so blessed to be tied to my eternal companion.  I love him more deeply than ever and as time goes on I can't imagine loving him more.  

30 years ago I would have said it was impossible to love him more than I did.  But now I do!

Happy Anniversary my Darling!!!!!  You are my PERFECT KNOT.

No comments: