Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Yah, I've been Bad.

Seems like since we went to Arizona, I just sort of fell off the earth.  Lots has been going on around here, but I think about a blog post while I'm driving or working or whatever, and then I completely forget to actually write it!  


So...


We got home safely and since then we've been busy.  Well, actually, when we first got home, we just sort of slept for about 2 days... but then we got busy.  Kyle spent a couple days unpacking everything and getting his room put back together.  And I went back to work.


This weekend I had a BUSY school schedule.  I worked until 1:00, dashed home and grabbed my suitcase and hit the road.  Got to school at 4:30 and started teaching at 5.  (I had 11 students, a good sized class...)  Taught until 10:00 and then back to my hotel and off to bed.  They FINALLY got some decent channels at the hotel, so I turned on the Food Channel and set it to turn off in 30 minutes.  I'm not sure I even saw the first commercial.


Got up at 6:30 and out of there a little after 7.  Drove down to Miami - just as I was pulling into the complex the school was located in, the other instructor called and reeled me in.  (I've never been there before.)  We got there at 8:30 with class scheduled to start at 9.  But Friday when I was checking the schedule, I noticed there wasn't one on the schedule for the 10th!  So... at 8:55 when there still weren't any students I called the Director.  Just as he answered, 4 people walked in.  That's all we had.  (I usually have between 20 and 60 students for my review classes!)  All of the people that showed up were personally invited by the instructor...  


Anyhow - I taught them until 1:30 and then let them take a 30 minute break.  (They all went to Burger King and brought it back to eat while studying...)  Then I proctored their exam.  The last one was done at 3:30, one passed, 2 were within 2 questions of passing, and 1 blew it.  I was pretty happy.  I was out of there by 3:45, which was good, because I had to be back to my other school in Boynton by 5.  Grabbed a California Whopper Jr on the way and got there with minutes to spare.  


Taught until 10:00 again.  I was TIRED by the time the day was over!!!  I just went to the hotel and the cleaning lady had left me a pack of Oreos, so I ate a couple and went to sleep.


Sunday morning I was up by 7 and out by 7:30.  Was supposed to be at school by 7:30, but just couldn't get out of bed.  And made the mistake of turning on the TV and got caught up in some of the 9/11 shows.  There was an excellent program on the radio on the way to school so none of us even went in until just before 8.  Taught again until 6:40, did my inventory, got everything put away and out by 7.  Then drove home, got there just before 9:00.  BOY was I glad I didn't have a zillion review students that I had to grade tests and email results for before I could go to bed!


Monday morning I got up LATE and didn't make it into the office until 10:30!  Stayed until 2:30 and then Kyle and I went to open a bank account for him and do some grocery shopping.  When we got home, Sabrina and I went for a walk in the woods (Kyle was cleaning out the shed) and then we watched some of Jim's baby videos.  He was so cute!  We watched his birth and the first couple of weeks, then we jumped ahead to Christmas and Rozann and Frank's wedding.  It was cool to see everybody!  Boy we were all young, skinny and had BLACK hair!  LOL


Today I was up and at the office just after 8.  Worked until 6:30 and then came home so Kyle and I could walk in the woods.  Poor Sabrina has a cold and got sent home from work early.  She can't taste anything, but I made her eat a scrambled egg tonight anyway.  (I had ramen noodles and Kyle made himself a big plate of french fries!)  


Ok, now I have to go to bed.  But here's a quick picture of the property.  I PROMISE I'll put more on here tomorrow.




No comments: