Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pictureless Tuesday

I brought my iPod and my white chord so I could
plug it into my computer and download pictures.

But when I pulled the chord out of my purse,
It was for my Kindle.

Dang.

STILL no pictures!

Yesterday we got another white egg.
Did I tell you we got a white egg?
Probably not.
Since I got it on Saturday and haven’t
Blogged since before that.

Yah, I know…

So…
Saturday I got a white egg.
Has to be from one of the new girls.
I’ve never gotten a white egg before.

Stark white.
At first I thought it was a golf ball!
(I keep a golf ball in some of the nest to
“encourage” the girls to lay there…)
Then I thought somebody was punking me
with a WalMart egg.
LOL

The girls all have their favorite spots.
And now somebody (or 3) has discovered the bag
of shavings UNDER the nest boxes.
Inside the bag.

Sheesh.

Anyhow.
Scott (Rod’s older brother) was over to help
Fix the lawnmower.
I try not to think how old that thing is.
We each got a riding lawnmower from Yamaha.
YEARS ago.
More than 20.
Lots more than 20.
It’s a BEAST.
And it does a good job.

It needs a new seat.

I should buy Rod one.
Except Kyle does most of the mowing.
So I should buy Kyle one.

Or put a towel on it.

Anyhow – it quit working earlier this spring.
We’ve been borrowing the neighbor’s
And letting the horses do their thing.
They aren’t very efficient.

Rod and Kyle have worked on it.
And worked on it.
And ordered parts.
And worked on it.

Finally Scott came over.
I went shopping.

Two hours later it whirred to life.
YEA!!!!!

Meanwhile, I gathered the eggs.
And there was a white one!
I thought it was a fluke.

But last night when I opened the new girls’ house
There was another one.
AND my first blue egg!
I got an “Easter Egger” chicken
in this last batch of rescue chickens.
But she hadn’t laid anything yet.
And not all Easter Eggers lay a colored egg.

But this one does!
Yippeeeee!
(I want several more…)

I took a picture.
See above.
LOL

No comments: