Monday, July 17, 2023

Monday, Monday....

I'm keeping busy, even though this is my "light" week.
I'm not zooming this week.
This is a Tampa weekend.
So the END of the week is intense,
but we start off "quiet".
(HA!)

We have had several new families move into
our ward this month, so that means re-visiting
our ministering assignments.
And doing food orders.
And setting up rides.
And lots of other stuff that kept me busy
both yesterday and today.

Plus this morning I cleaned the kitchen and
washed the kitchen and living room floors,
did 2 loads of laundry,
went to Lowe's with Kyle to get more wood
for his house walls,
made some food for them to eat this weekend,
and got a TERRIBLE haircut.
I will be in a ponytail 24/7 for a few weeks.
And my bangs look like they were cut by a 6 year old.
Sheesh.

Whatever, as long as I don't look in a mirror,
I'll be just fine.
(As soon as Kyle stops snickering every time 
he looks at me...)

Also I got a load of zucchini, yellow squash and
cucumber chips into the freezer to go into
the freeze dryer tomorrow.
That's all everybody on the freeze dryer pages
on Facebook are talking about these days.

So I thought I'd give it a try.

My freeze dryer has been busy lately!


We've got mango, banana (from our own tree!)
I found a couple of bags of peaches in the freezer
from last year's The Peach Truck order.
Lucky, since there isn't any this year.
They were projecting a bumper crop and then
they got a late frost and wiped most of them out.
Poor guys!
And then a small jar of cowboy caviar.
Just a bean mixture that is really yummy on 
tortilla chips.

No comments: