Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Birthday Box!

When I got home tonight, there was a surprise waiting for me at the gate!


So I brought it into the house and opened it.....
 There were all sorts of goodies in there!  Even a little box for Rod!



What fun goodies!



   I immediately found a great place to hang the horse...  
(the booties on the left belonged to Rod when he was a baby!)


 I have had a big empty wall in my bedroom.  
(amazing, after living here for 6 years!) 

Take note of the cute pillow on my dresser from Mom.  (Take time to gaze in the garden)  And of course the little "I'm so busy I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse" sign on the mirror.  (Also from Mom... without her, my house would be naked!)  Ignore the "clutter".....


See the pictures from a surprise Harry Potter birthday party in Tucson years ago?  We were all wearing silly glasses!  I LOVE that picture - what great memories it brings back.


I found the perfect spot for the boot.  I put it in my laundry room right below the darling key holder Rozann sent me!  (sensing a theme here?)


And what a GORGEOUS necklace!  I can't wait to get "dressed up" and show it off!  It has interchangeable gemstones - and came complete with a note telling what each means.  (I must say, they describe me to a "T"...  LOL)  However, one of these days I'm going to have to get better at closeup pictures with my new camera.


Check out the hat!!!  On the right is "Festus".  A darling little hat I bought in Tucson several years ago.  He's been to Tucson twice - the 2nd trip sort of did him in though - I think he got smashed in a suitcase.  Although it looks like he was run over by a truck!  Just Thursday I was lamenting I didn't have a cute cowboy hat to wear anymore - had to break out the old "plastic" one for our Thanksgiving ride.


Thank you to my wonderful family for all the great gifts and for thinking of me on my birthday!  


2 comments:

Rod said...

Nice hat, can't wait to see it on you. you might have to have Kyle take a picture of you and post it.

Rozann said...

Hey, I have a golly-wog angel like that too! I wonder every year where to put her! I love that idea of hanging her on the wall!!! (I think she's sitting in our jamaican steel drum this year). She usually sits on our fireplace mantal.
I LOVED that boot! I thought it was really cool!