Saturday, February 4, 2012

Breakfast

I am NOT a food blogger.  (Thank goodness, eh?)  But this is a quick look at what I brought with me for breakfast here at the hotel.


This is some oatmeal flour (oatmeal ground in the food processor - easier to mix up when you aren't home...), chia seeds, chopped walnuts and chopped dates.  Oh, and a nice big glob of virgin coconut oil.  A good amount of hot water (thank you hotel) melts the oil and turns it all into a yummy mush.

There was a story on the news this morning about a recall on hard cooked eggs delivered to commercial sites (ie: hotel breakfast bars) so the hard boiled egg I was planning on eating wasn't available.

Instead I had some of their scrambled eggs, and just couldn't resist a little bacon...


After adding some 2% milk (it was that or fat free... ick) this is what breakfast looked like.


With The Hunger Games on my Kindle, it was a GREAT breakfast!  

And now I'm back in my room to do a hot sesame oil hair thing - then once I have a plastic bag and hot towel on my head, I'm going to do a workout.  (There will be NO pictures! LOL)

The coffee pot is heating water as we speak... so here we go!  (This is my first hot oil treatment... wish me LUCK!)

No comments: