Friday, December 20, 2013

5 Days Til Christmas...

Whew!
I made it!
Well… I haven’t MADE it.
But I survived the last couple of days.

The last few days were a whirlwind
of activity.
Not much of it was Christmas related.

Some was…

For example:
Wednesday evening –
Home from work at 4:30
Let the chickens out and gather eggs
Start washing eggs
Walk next door to get empty egg cartons
Finish washing eggs
(at the same time)
Bake 3 dozen Cranberry Nut Cookies
(TOTALLY YUMMY and on plan!)
Toss on some make up and leave for Wendy’s
Realize I’m out of fuel and stop to get a splash.
Arrive at Wendy’s 7:02 (was supposed to be there at 7)
Spend an hour tutoring a delightful student
from my Substituting Gig in West Palm.
Meet Rod at Wendy’s at 8:00 for dinner.
They don’t have any forks.
Switch to “to go” and head home to eat.
MEANWHILE
Bake a TOTALLY YUMMY and on plan
Ham/Swiss/Spinach Quiche
for the department Cookie Exchange / Brunch.

The cookies and quiche turned out great.
I brought home 9 different kinds of cookies
(and NO quiche)
(for Kyle, since NONE of them are “on plan”)
(read: sugar laden and made with white flour)
Which ones did he eat?
MY Cranberry Nut! 
(Had to nip THAT in the bud – those are MINE! LOL)

Oooooo, just glanced over – I have ONE hiding in a
baggie on my desk!  SNACK for later!
(they are tiny and SUPER rich)

Last night all I had to do was walk next door and
Get paid for my eggs.
Plus clean out the rabbit house and bring
them some new hay.
They are MESSY!
Well, and feed the chickens and horses.
But that’s every day.

When we walked next door,
Brock gave us 4 yummy, organic cucumbers.

So for dinner I whipped up some
DELISH
Chicken and Cucumber.

So easy, quick, and TASTY!

Chicken & Cucumber

2 T butter
2 T olive oil
(I used refined coconut oil – I don’t actually like Olive Oil)
8 chicken thighs
(I used 5 breasts)
2 minced garlic cloves
2 peeled, seeded & chopped cucumbers
1 C chicken broth
1/3 C sour cream
Salt & Pepper to taste

Heat the butter/oil and brown chicken.
Remove chicken.
Add garlic and cucumbers and sauté for 2 min.
Add back the chicken and broth
Simmer for 5 minutes
(longer for breast)
Remove chicken and add sour cream
Pour sauce over chicken
Serve immediately.

I served it with green beans and asparagus.

It was really yummy and super quick!
Sounds a little weird (who ever thought to
Cook a cucumber?????)
But it’s light and tasty.

Anyhow – there is NOTHING
On the calendar for tonight.
I’m going to swing by and do a little
shopping on my way home
But then it’s
“curl up on the couch and
watch White Christmas!”

With some totally delish
Hot Chocolate Trimmaccino.
(A rich, smooth, yummy hot cocoa)

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND!


No comments: