Friday, December 13, 2013

Distracted Much?

Goodness...
I've been a little distracted lately.

Case in point...
Last Sunday morning I packed up my hotel room.
Went downstairs and made breakfast.
Juggled everything out to my truck.
Taught school for 10 hours.
Jumped in my truck and drove home.
Pulled into the driveway.
Opened the back door to get my suitcase to take inside.

No suitcase.
It took my brain a second to register
what I was seeing.
Or... NOT seeing.

Yeah.
My suitcase was still sitting in the lobby.
Luckily they know me there.
I called, said "Hi!  It's Collette Buffaloe..."
He said "Is this your red and black suitcase?"
Sigh...

Naturally, all week long I've needed stuff in there.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last night we FINALLY got the tree up!
It's BEAUTIFUL!
I forgot to take a picture.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesterday another rabbit "kindled".
She had 8.
One wasn't viable.
She made a beautiful nest lined with fur.
Then she gave birth all over the hutch.

4 didn't survive.

We have 3 this morning, in with the other 2 week olds.
THAT Mom was in there nursing this morning.
I hope the newbies found her.

Sigh.

My rabbits might be the only rabbits on the earth
who are TERRIBLE at breeding.
(Except the one - she wins MOM OF THE YEAR)

Keeping fingers crossed...

No comments: