Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Green Eggs, No Ham

On February 28, 12 little girl chicks were hatched.
The next day they were stuffed into a box
and mailed to me.


The little yellow puff balls were Jumbo Cornish.
The majority of whom are already eaten.
Although there are still some in the freezer.
YUM!

The little dark babies with stripes are Easter Eggers.

I have been very IMpatiently waiting for them to start laying.

And this week, ONE of them finally decided to start.


Aren't they cute???  They are kinda tiny
but definitely GREEN.
(My adult Easter Egger, Bunny, lays blue eggs,
but has been "on strike" for a month or so now...)

So, I'm anxiously awaiting the rest joining the fun.
Their eggs can range anywhere from light pink to blue,
green, or even brown.

One of my little black silkies started laying this week too.
Really funny torpedo shaped, almost white.
Didn't realize it was her until last night.
She was YELLING her head off when
I went in the coop to collect eggs.
There, on the floor behind the shavings bin
was that weird shaped egg, still warm.
Must be her's.
(Nobody else was in the coop...)
(They had all flown the coop...)
(Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha)

Yah.
I know.

So anyhow...  the girls are finally
growing up.
Whew!
About time!!!!!

No comments: