Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Happy Birthday Dad!

I got to talk to my Dad last night.
Yup.
My phone is still broken.
So I used Rod's.

We are planning our trip out west
to help with the move.

It was wonderful to get to visit with him
for a few minutes.


He is such a good sport!


He loves his family and will even dye easter eggs with them!


He has a silly side.
And an awesome tattoo!!!!
(Yes, it washed off... lol)

I'll never forget when he came home from
helping Nolan and Marlys with haying at the ranch
one year.
He had a MUSTACHE!

I've never seen Dad with facial hair!

They were working too hard to take time to shave.
(That was his story and he was sticking to it!)


He and Mom are embarking on an adventure.


But as always they are doing it together.
With LOVE.


I'm looking forward to some of his 
awesome bread in October!!!

But in the meantime,
today I'm remembering the weekly
"organ recital" lunches we enjoyed together
a gazillion years ago when we were both
working in office buildings in downtown.

It was wonderful to just sit and visit
and get to know each other better.
We have a lot more in common than I thought.
It really helped to ground me during
those tough teenage years.

He is such a guide for our family.

I love you Dad!
Enjoy your day!!!!!

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Gotta love that dad of ours!!