Thursday, October 27, 2016

Pumpkin Rolls

We are having a Halloween Haunting potluck
today at work.
Somehow I became the "food woman".
Which is weird, cuz nothing on the
pot luck board is edible for me.
LOL

But...
(it's because nobody says ANYTHING
at our monthly "team meetings", so I 
decided to think of something to pipe up about...
FOOD!)

Anyhow.

Today the theme is Halloween food.
We are having all sorts of interesting things.

This is my contribution.


It's a Rhodes dough roll that is supposed
to look like a pumpkin.


I made a LOT of them.
Rod had the brilliant idea of sprinkling the tops
with the cheese powder from a box of
macaroni and cheese.


They were simple, and turned out cute!
(And, ssshhh, delicious, I just had one with
my breakfast smoothie...)

Instructions:
Thaw Rhodes dough rolls until thawed but not risen.
Flatten with a greased hand.
Cut five or so slits into the sides.
(I think my cuts were too big, they look like
flowers instead of pumpkins)
(I didn't cut as deep in my "test" run and they were better)

Let them rise for another hour or so.
Stick half a pretzel stick (or whatever you
have that looks "stem-ish") in the center.
Sprinkle with cheese or just spray with butter.

Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

So easy, even I could do it!

1 comment:

rktucson said...

yummy!! Wish I had read this YESTERDAY! LoL