Tuesday, July 11, 2017

STORY - Have You Ever Won Anything?

Some of the story prompts haven't really 
"spoken" to me.
But this one did!

Have I ever won anything?

YEARS ago.

1240 CKXL
(that's AM radio for all you youngsters)
ran an "I must have been a 
BEAUTIFUL baby" contest.

You had to call in and talk for 30
seconds without pausing or repeating
a word in order to win $100.
If you didn't make it, you won $1
for every second you went.

I called in and got on!!!!
That NEVER happens!
And you KNOW I can talk...

I got on a roll.
I must have been a beautiful baby.
I had lovely silken black hair
and gorgeous hazel eyes,
blah blah blah.

When I got to my super cute chubby
legs, I got caught on the word
"dimply".  I just couldn't get it out
and stuttered over it a couple of times
and they called me on it.

I made it TWENTY NINE seconds!!!!!

Pam Lansidale (sp) called me and said
she heard it!

And I got $29.
So there's that.

1 comment:

rktucson said...

That is too funny! I actually think I remember that! LoL