Thursday, June 28, 2018

So much to tell!

As always I'm BUSY!
Who ever said you sit around eating
candy and watching Jerry Springer on TV
once you are retired was never retired.

Kyle has been busy working on his
new "tiny house". It is coming together.
Spending a LOT of money,
but it costs a LOT of money to build a house.
Tiny or otherwise.


Yes, its a shipping container.
What else would you expect a trucker to get?
LOL


He and Rod got it all laid out in chalk on the floor.
It's going to be just right for a single man.


Next he built a beautiful bathroom vanity
using old pallets and some of the wood
from the trees they cut down and cut
into boards.
It's BEAUTIFUL!
He picked out a square "bowl" sink
and faucets that look a little like an
old fashioned well pump.
We "dry fit" it, and it looks GREAT!
And since the sink sits up on the counter
he won't have to cut a giant hole in his
beautiful wood.

I'll take another picture once he gets it
all put together. We got it in the house
but without windows in there yet, its
pretty dark and you can't see its full potential.


Then it was a trip to Lows to get the kitchen cabinets,
he spent the day yesterday distressing, staining,
and then sanding / distressing them a little more.
He loves the old farmhouse look
and didn't want them to look like they
just came out of a box yesterday.
*even if they did... lol


(before picture...)
I haven't taken a picture of them yet, they were
still wet last night...

Next I think they are going to put in
the windows. This place is going
to be nearly ALL windows.
Which is awesome.
He might be a bit of a hermit, but couldn't be the kind
that lives in a cave - he would have to be
a tree house sort of hermit.
It is going to be nice and bright in there!

(We will put in blinds, but I doubt he will EVER
close them, his blinds in his bedroom broke
and he just pulled them down a year ago.
His windows (giant window seat windows)
face directly east so he gets the morning sun,
sleeps through it just fine, but revels in
the beautiful natural light.

Out here (and out there) you don't need
to worry about "neighbors" peeping in after dark.

Then the wall insulation should be arriving
early next week so they can get that installed
and put up the drywall, paint, and then do the
bathroom. Put in the shower, toilet and water heater
and then it's just those finishing touches.


The dogs think this is GREAT!
(the hole is for his stove)

**********************************************

Meanwhile,
yesterday I delivered my eggs and then
Brock called and asked if I would go back
over and unlock the front gate for the delivery
guys that come in the morning.
(Thursday is "farm day" next door...)

But I forgot.
So this morning at 7:00 my eyes
binged opened and I realized I forgot!
Tossed on some clothes and walked over.

Got the gate unlocked and walked up to the barn
but there was no delivery there yet so maybe I beat him?
By the time I got home and fed the horses, Brock
was back on the phone letting me know the delivery
guy was there at 4:30. Bummer!
Luckily the driver is a really good guy and he
said he would come back after the rest of his deliveries.

I kept an eye out and when the local guy
showed up, I walked back over and helped him
unload his watermelons so he wouldn't be in the
way when the BIG guy showed up.
(Plus I needed just one more duck egg to make
up a dozen - Daisy obliged, so I took those over too...)

We overlapped by a couple of minutes, but it was ok.
I apologized to the driver and we chatted for a minute
while he got everything unloaded and then I offered
to let him just drive away and I would walk back
up and close the big double gates and relock them.
(It's a pain in the neck to get out of the truck
and close and lock the gates...)

Anyhow.
It's all good.

And I saw a pretty little flower!


I cut around the front of our fence and this little
beauty was growing there.

Hope the rest of the day goes smoothly!

No comments: