Friday, June 3, 2022

Mrs. Farmer

 Today I tilled the pasture!

No, seriously.
I did!

Kyle hooked up the new tiller to the tractor
and drove it into the "middle pasture".


Nice looking piece of equipment, eh?
Notice the lousy grass.
In the pasture BEHIND this pasture,
we put down some grass seed earlier this year
and it is coming in nicely.


FIRST PASS!


He has done this before.


SHOW OFF!
(It has cruise control, a comfy seat, A/C and a good sound system...)

Then he got out, I got in.
He got in with me and showed me how to get started
and then he let me run a pass.
Then he moved over and sat under a tree and watched
while I did another pass...

Kyle, supervising from the 4-wheeler under the tree - top right)

And then he headed up to the garage to 
finish building a chicken coop for a 
sister in the ward.


We swapped for a minute while I went to find the
seed spreader and get a drink..
(It has a cup holder, but I forgot mine...)


And then I finished 'er up.
Two passes in each direction.


Looking good!
Next we will put down the sunn hemp seed,
run the tractor with the drag behind it to cover
the seed so the stupid crows don't eat it all...
and then TA DA!
Plan to have it all in the ground and ready
to go before the Tropical Storm hits tomorrow.
Should get a couple of inches of rain.
And that's ALWAYS good on a newly seeded pasture.

(We are also going to till up a small section by
the chicken / duck yard and put in more moringas...)


They are growing like mad and would
be good supplemental feed for the cows.
(Now that we put that extra panel up
so they can't reach over the fence and eat
the tops off! Silly boys!)

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Nice job! You are hired!