Sunday, July 31, 2022

SOO Tired

 The guys got up "early"
(well, early for Kyle...)
and headed off to do an all day job in 
the next town south of us.

Kyle ran the mulcher and then swapped it
out for the tractor and did some bush hogging as well.
Jim made a guest appearance and ran the zero-turn 
lawn mower, and Rod ran the weed-whacker.

ALL DAY.


When they got home, they were give out!
Rod fell asleep with his phone in his hand.
That was about 8 when I came out of the zoom room
for a 10 minute break.
When I was done teaching, I made a box of mac & cheese
and it took him about 30 minutes to wake up enough 
to actually eat it.
Poor man!

Meanwhile....
we had our first baptism!
A sweet older lady the missionaries tracted out.

I had planned to go to welcome her into RS.
But just before I left I got a text asking if 
I could play the piano since theirs backed out
at the last minute.

So... sure.
I have played 2 hymns since we became
a new ward and I don't play the organ anymore.
(And I only played on Fast Sunday...)

I played some of the hymns for prelude while
people were arriving and visiting.
Then we did an opening hymn.
Then after the baptism, while Barbara was getting
dressed, instead of just playing, I asked for 
people's favorite hymns and we sang those.

Thank you Mom and Dad for piano lessons!
(And the angels for filling in the awful spots...)
It was really fun to be able to just play any hymn!
(I figured I was safe, most favorites are favorites
across the board so likely something I had played before...
people who really love Hie to Kolob are few and far between.
I'm not one of them...)

It was a lovely baptism.

And then I came home and cooked a bunch of food
for Rod's lunches for the next few weeks.

This week I'm doing the morning classes.
And we are (fingers crossed) getting our roof this week.
I'm not in a hurry, but I imagine our insurance
company won't wait forever...
Better to get it done before REAL hurricane season hits.

Since I'm teaching mornings, I'm a little more likely
to post blogs, since I'm sitting in front of my computer
and it's not the middle of the night.

So... I'll try!

We did the world-wide Love, Share, Invite 5th Sunday
meeting today in 2nd hour. I did the final section
and wrap-up. I think it went well.
And now we are RELAXING.
Taking some well earned naps.

No comments: