Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Activity Day Girls

My darling girls and I made some "therapy sacs" tonight.  And some countdown chains.  They did everything by themselves and were really proud of themselves!  




The "sacs" are filled with rice so you can microwave them and use them to warm up cold body parts or as a mini heating pad on sore body parts. 


Notice in the background the awesome little sewing machine behind them.....  Last Christmas Nancy sent us all some gift cards.  I bought them from everybody and saved them until just the right thing came up.  Last night the right thing came up and I bought a great little sewing machine.  It's light-weight, cute, and does everything I need including button holes!   (and stretchy stitches...  something I never really mastered)  Remember all the cool knit clothes Mom made for us when she took those Stretch 'n Sew classes?  


Anyhow.  They decided to wear their countdown chains as necklaces.  They are Christmas Hershey Kisses in saran wrap.  One for each member of the family for each of the 12 days of Christmas.


Then they decided to wear their therapy sacs as hats.  



No comments: