Friday, December 17, 2010

Rod Update


Rod is back on the road - this was his last warm day - out in California (again...)  Doesn't he look handsome standing next to his truck?????

And then my Florida boy got to drive in snow...  Welcome to Montana!



 








Unfortunately he didn't have time to stop in Butte - he blew through (ok, not "blew" his truck only tops out at 61....) on his way to Billings to stop for the night.  


However, on this trip he got to spend some time in Grants Pass, Oregon with his Aunt Virginia (George's sister) and her daughter Sandy and family.  They treated him like royalty... that good old southern hospitality.  (transplanted to Oregon...)  They are such nice folks - I wish they (or we) lived closer.  They fed him well and let him sleep in a REAL BED!  What a treat!






Now he's somewhere in Minnesota (I think) picking up another load and heading to Memphis, Tennessee.  Getting closer to home!  He's supposed to be here on Thursday next week... has another eye appointment to check on his pressure and then spend Christmas with the family.  He's only here for 3 days, so back on the road on Boxing Day.  Can't wait to see him again!!!!


1 comment:

Rod said...

Well baby, I am actually in Wisconsin right now, I picked up my load in Plymouth, Wi. but Thursday night I was in Albert Lea, Minnesota and it was 3 degrees when I woke up. Heading to Memphis, Tn. to visit Uncle Charlie and Aunt Jane and family for the day before I make my delivery.