Tuesday, November 15, 2011

EXPERIMENT

We are trying an experiment here at the Corey Connection.

I've been reading and learning about Diatomaceous Earth.  (One of these days I might even learn how to spell it!)  There are lots of websites that teach about it.  But I heard about it from the fascinating women from the T-Tapp forums.  In fact here's what Teresa said when she discovered we were talking about it...

FYI, I just discovered DE last month and I have to be honest, it has done wonders for my skin....especially for accelerated healing of an eczema outbreak on my hands due to stress. I learned about DE while in California from T-Tapp Trainer Jane Heinrich and I am forever grateful. Since she sells it, I told her she should call it "Diva Dirt" because it works so well and it sounds more enticing to take (ha)  ...I put one teaspoon in 4 oz of water, stir and swallow quick before it settles. I also soaked my hands in it during outbreak when skin was "oozing". Within a week there was a remarkable difference! Now I'm taking it twice a week for "maintenance".

Seems that it has some amazing properties and can sweep the heavy metals from your body - cleaning you of any parasites you might have in the meantime.  Lowering blood pressure.  Cleaning the toxins out of your body (and helping clear up skin and make it softer).  Strengthening nails and helping hair to grow stronger and faster.  Besides all the traditional uses - keeping ants, spiders and other creepy crawlies out of your house and gardens. 

So... 

I bought some.


It came yesterday, (thankfully) in 2 five pound bags.  (One for the house and one for the barn.) 

We gave it our first try this morning.  The dogs got some with their breakfast.  So did the horses.  And so did all the people!  Sabrina and I had some in our morning smoothie - Kyle doesn't do smoothies (and was still in bed) so he just had his in some water.

The animals seemed fine with it - everybody cleaned their bowl.

The people...  well, it was a little gritty.  Kyle said it was "gross".  But if it helps his joints - he's decided it's worth it to at least give it a couple of weeks. 

We are going to try it in a shot of orange juice tomorrow morning. 

Some of the ladies on the forum said they didn't find it gritty at all - maybe there are different "grinds"?  A couple of the other ladies bought the same brand I did and should be getting it today or tomorrow, so we'll compare notes and see what they think.  There is another brand I can buy that seems less sand-like.  (And it's really NOT like sand, just a little tiny bit gritty...) 

Anyhow - stay tuned.  I'm interested to see what this brings!  It would be great if it could help Jim's back pain.  (Lots of testimonials of people whose lower back pain improved greatly!)  And Sabrina's insomnia.  And Kyle's creaky joints and popping ankles.  And my... well, I'm already perfect - so I'm just hoping for gorgeous nails.  LOL  (Ok, not really!)

No comments: