Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Semi Retirement

My new employer has changed our hours to 7:30 to 4:00
Five days a week.
No flex time allowed.

Which puts a serious cramp in my teaching schedule.

So.

I'm "semi" retiring.

I'll be training a new instructor this weekend for a review class.
In Green Acres.
Seriously.
LOL

The following two weekends I'll be training my replacement 
for the Boynton Beach class.
And the next weekend I'll be teaching my final Orlando class.

I'm now the "gypsy" instructor,
which means when they need a substitute, 
I'm who they call.

But I no longer have my own schools or a set schedule.

It doesn't make our bank account happy,
but I'm really looking forward to spending some time with 
my family,
my husband,
my horse,
my chickens.

I got off work today at 4:00 after an 8 hour day.
I generally work at least 9 or 10.
It felt like a half day.
And then Kyle and I went for a nice walk in the woods.

Tomorrow we might go for a bike ride.

I'm looking forward to doing some kayaking.
Taking Andy for a ride 
(as soon as his boo boo heals)
Taking more walks in the woods.

I'm also unable to use my phone or the internet at the office.
So I'm back to blogging at night.
I'll TRY to stay current.

But in the meantime, if I'm not around much,
Know that I'm having fun!



No comments: