Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Birthday to... ME!

So

I always do a post for family birthdays.

I guess I need to do one for me.

LOL

Last night (since my Birthday fell on a Sunday this year)
my darling husband took me out to dinner.

We had a $50 gift card to Outback.
It was actually Kyle's, but he gave it to me.
Last year.
LOL

I guess Outback isn't our favorite place.
We're more of a Taco Bell / Wendy's
kind of family.
*Can't forget Bamboo Panda!

Anyhow, we had a nice dinner of chopped salad,
steak and roasted vegetables.
(Mixed for Rod, asparagus for me...)

Just as we were getting ready to leave, 
Rod sent me into the kitchen.
Where I discovered a new microwave!

YEA!!!


Our microwave died.
Can't remember if it got struck by lightening or just got old.

But we have been using the little tiny one
we bought for the guys to use in their truck.

It takes 5+ minutes to do 2 pieces of bacon.
And you only have enough room for a cereal bowl.

Now we have POWER.
And SPACE.
And Bacon in 3.5 minutes!!!!!

SCORE!!!!!

So after dinner we went to WalMart to pick up
a nifty bacon cooker thingie (with a lid)
(no more bacon grease EVERYWHERE)
And ended up getting some other fun gadgets.
That's my favorite department in WalMart!

We had a "cold front" blow through over night.
Yesterday was glorious.
I sat out in the yard in the sunshine for a little bit.

Today was overcast, rainy, and COLD.
(Well, Florida's fall version of cold...)

When I went out to feed everybody,
it looked like one of the rabbits was 
getting ready to "kindle".
So Rod kindly whipped together a nifty
wooden nest box for me.
(I forgot to take a picture)

No babies yet, but Mama is really enjoying
getting a nest ready in her box.

Speaking of boxes,
UPS delivered a nice big box for me on Friday.

I was a good girl and didn't open it until today.
It was HARD.
But worth it.

First, I LOVED the box it was packed in.
SUPER cute!
And the cups and tray are PERFECT!


I can see drinking hot chocolate out of them.
But better than that, how about a big steaming mug
of brocolli cheese soup?  
Or even a "Muffin in a Mug"?

I've been using mugs a LOT lately!
(And how cute is that fat bellied cardinal?)

And in keeping with the "stay warm" theme,
Nancy included a YUMMY new "fur" throw.
It's softer than bunny fur and BEAUTIFUL!


It looks perfect on my black leather sofa.
And talk about cozy!
It has this wonderful velvet stuff on the back.
Soft front and back.
And toasty warm.

Does my family know me, or what???

This is going to be the warmest Florida winter EVER!
(Which is good, because I have a feeling this
is going to be a COLD Florida winter!)

Thanks everybody for the birthday wishes and gifts!
I feel very loved!

(And Rod even did the dishes after breakfast!)


SPOILED!




1 comment:

rktucson said...

happy birthday sis! you are awesome!