Friday, November 29, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I hope you had a GREAT Thanksgiving.
We certainly did!

This year we stayed home instead of doing
the "entire herd" thing.

Rod still drove up and picked up his Dad.
But instead of 30+ people,
there were 6.
It was wonderful!

Rod and I have been eating clean.
Which means no gluten,
no milk (but LOTS of dairy)
and NO SUGAR.
A good diet for warding off nasties
like cancer and alzheimer's. 

And, as a side benefit,
we are both skinny.

He has lost 32 pounds
and I have lost 16.
(I got back in my size 6's the first of November!)

And, luckily, Thanksgiving is the perfect meal
to eat clean - it's already lean and mean.

We baked a turkey in a bag.
Moist, yummy, and EASY!
(I like to read recipe books, but don't really
like to do the actual cooking thing.  LOL)

We made mashed dirty potatoes and gravy
for the kids and Dad.  (Red potatoes boiled
with the skins on and then mashed with a stick of
butter and a BIG glob of sour cream.)
And, of course, the required sweet potato casserole.
(except I forgot marshmallows - a national crisis!)
And Stove Top, cuz NOBODY makes stuffing
like Kraft.

And then I roasted some brussel sprouts (ick),
steamed some broccoli with lots of butter,
and roasted some sweet potatoes with butter and
lots of cinnamon.
Those nearly didn't make it to the table!
They were like eating CANDY!
SO tasty!

The Rhodes rolls didn't rise as much as they should,
so I was happy I wasn't eating bread anyway.  LOL

Oh.  And I made my own cranberry jelly.
WHY have I not been doing this all my life?
That was SO easy and tasty!
I put the last of it on my breakfast oatmeal this morning
and some on my sweet potato, cranberry, turkey casserole.
I can't wait for lunch!
(grin)
There were brownies with cream cheese for desert.
But everybody was too full.

And Rod and I were both DOWN in pounds this morning.
LOVE THAT!

Meanwhile...
CJ is turning into a really good patient.
Sometimes horses get worse every day about
taking their medicine,
but he's resigned and is pretty good about it.
The first morning it took FOREVER.
This morning we did it in 15 (cuz you have
to wait 5 minutes between each salve)

AND

We FINALLY have baby bunnies!
I took pictures.
I left my iPod at the house.
Sheesh.
I'll post them tomorrow.
Cuz you want to see a bunch of squirmy
naked rabbit babies.
LOL

For her first kindle she only had 5.
But she'll catch on and get better.
Somebody else built and lined a nest yesterday,
but it was empty this morning when we fed.
So we'll be keeping an eye on them all.

AND

The baby chicks that we hatched this summer?
Out of 12 eggs, we ended up with 3 chicks.
(And the hawk enjoyed breakfast while we were in Utah...)

Two of them have fancy tails.
And have started CROWING.
(a young rooster learning to crow is HYSTERICAL)
Like a boy going through puberty.
Cock a Doodle Doooohack cough cough hack.

Egg production is down.
But I think its because the weather has been nuts.
It was 41 yesterday morning!
(Rod and I both had on long johns!)
It will be 80 tomorrow.
We changed the timer on the coop light so it is
coming on at 3:30 instead of 5:30.
Hopefully that will help.
I got 17 eggs on Wednesday
and I got 24 yesterday.

Two weeks ago I was getting 38!!!
Get back to work girls!
Christmas is coming!

Anyhow - enough rambling.
Happy Thanksgiving!
We are all at work today.
Planes have to fly, (Rod)
horses and chickens have to be fed and tractors fixed, (Kyle)
and $$$ has to be posted (me).





No comments: