Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Rod to the Rescue!

Yesterday was crazy.
I have a TERRIBLE time getting out of bed
on the morning after teaching.

So I was a couple of minutes behind schedule.
Which meant I started the day off in a rush.

Although I DID take a few minutes to go out
and see the coop in the light and take
a couple of pictures.

When I got to work, I needed to finish a
project and I only had a couple hours to do it.

Finally got it done at 12:30.
I was supposed to be in a training class
across town at 12:30.

So I figured I was going to be late anyway,
I stopped at Sonic drive-thru
(the first time since September)
and inhaled a cheeseburger
(first BUN since September)
on my way.

I was late for the 12:30 registration.
But early for the 1:00 start time.
That counts, right????

Sat in a training class, learning how to log in
and do the basic stuff on a system I have been
using daily for 15 years.
It was fascinating.

Luckily I sat next to the Executive Assistant for
our Revenue Director - turns out we know each
other - we were the voices on the phone back in
the old Architect days.
We actually did some work for her (several times)
through Buffalo Graffics.

So we had a good visit.
And I learned one new tip.

Anyhow.
We got out of class 15 minutes early.
(4:45)
I was anxious to get out of there.

When I walked to my truck, I couldn't
find my keys anywhere!
They are on a Parelli horse head carabeener (sp)
and I hang them on my purse.
ALWAYS.
But they weren't there.
Or in my purse.
Or any of my pockets.
Or in the t-shirt bag I used to bring my blanket.
(I FREEZE in classrooms - including my own.)

Nobody turned them in at the front desk.
They weren't upstairs in the classroom.
They weren't in the ignition or on the seat.

So I called Rod.
He drove over to rescue me.
(He's such a good man!)
Luckily I had my Kindle with me!

Once he drove into town and found me
we unlocked the truck and started searching.

I found them.

In my Sonic bag.
With my napkin and burger wrapper.

Sheesh.

I have class again this afternoon.
I will be leaving early enough to go to Wendys
and get a salad.

And I will make SURE I hang my keys on my purse.
And bring my Kindle.

1 comment:

Rozann said...

To funny! Glad you found them and didn't toss them out with the goodie bag! LoL