Monday, October 1, 2018

Macaroni?

My kids never made me a macaroni necklace.

I didn't mind.
(grin)

But I was super excited to get a necklace
from Kyle today that he made with his
very own hands!


As you may know, if you follow him on
Instagram, he has been teaching himself
to blacksmith.
Built himself a forge
and went for it!


He got some actual coal from Amazon
today (as opposed to bbq charcoal)
so decided to give it a try this evening.


It's pretty toasty!
(He had a hunk of wood on the top
to get the fire started...)


He has been making these leaves as
practice pieces. They have a big loop
on the end and folks use them as 
key rings, but I don't really carry keys.
So of course I hung it around my neck!

It's pretty nifty!
And knowing he made it himself
makes it all the more special!

In other news,
his best friend Carly (Linda's youngest daughter)
had her baby tonight too.
Welcome little Benny!


No comments: