Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Random Stuff

I haven’t done a blog post in a couple of days.
Not that I’ve been super busy or anything...
Just always sitting in the wrong chair,
Or doing something else when I think about doing one.


This is our sky when there is a hurricane on the other coast.
Hurricane Michael is hitting Panama City Beach
right now. Kyle is over on that side, but he has
only gotten a couple of rain showers and some
gusty wind, but nothing major.

They came today and set up his mobile home.
He still can’t live in it, but it is now tied down.
Which might have been important.
What with the hurricane and all.

Next they need to put in the septic tank,
and then they need to hook up the power.
But getting someone to do electricity might
be tough for a couple of weeks since most extra
folks will be in the panhandle helping the poor
people with no power.

Oh.
In the picture I was actually going for a picture
of the Jeep in front of me. His wheel cover
was cute. It said “Paved Roads - Another
example of unnecessary government intervention.”

Hahahahahaha


Alfalfa sprouts!!!!!
We used to grow those in Calgary!
These are a blend of broccoli, radish and alfalfa.
And they are yummy!


I made some really yummy rolls
(Super easy)
And had a couple of sandwiches with some
yummy cauliflower soup for lunch the other day.
Hit the spot!


Rozann sent us a free trial of her Purple Carrot
food program. Kyle gave one of the recipes
a try on Sunday while we were watching conference.
It was fun to make!
None of us are vegetarian / vegan, so it wasn’t
something we would have tried on our own,
but it was a fun experiment.

Today I gave another one a try.
(We got 3 meals...)


I made a couple of changes, used some of the
ingredients I prefer (konjac noodles instead of rice
noodles, coconut oil instead of vegetable oil,
and no cumin - I am not a fan...)
It was yummy!
Had an entire cup of edamame which is not
something I normally eat, although I LOVE it!
It’s not good for my thyroid, but it’s so tasty
that I didn’t mind slipping it in.
Made a delicious lunch.

Oh oh,
Just looked at the clock.
Better eat outside and get the horses fed!
I’m supposed to go to Homemakeing (or whatever)
in 15 minutes. Not going to make it.
Darn!

No comments: