Thursday, October 11, 2018

Made It!

And it was an excellent class!

I realized the time at 6:29.
Ran outside, dropped feed for the horses
and the cows.
Brought the dogs inside and put
them in their crates in the garage.
Put Beau in his crate in the house.

Jumped in the shower.
Dressed.
Jumped in the car.
Didn't even speed!
Arrived at the church at 7:03!

It was really good.
Taught by the CES Director for our Stake.
He's a really talented teacher.
Lots of student participation.
The topic was studying the scriptures.
I enjoyed it, felt like I learned something
and had a great example of good teaching
style that I might be able to incorporate
in my classes as well.

As soon as it was over (8:15) they served
doughnuts and apple cidar
(a nod to fall - even though it's still mid-summer here)
(I first typed mid-simmer, which is also accurate)
so I left. I don't need a doughnut or apple cider,
and my animals needed my attention.

Back to the farm to let the horses out
put the chickens in
let the dogs out and feed them
and make me a sandwich and soup for dinner
and again for lunch today.

I got an email from the Town earlier in the day
yesterday letting me know their secretary
was admitted to the hospital and could
I help out for a couple of days.

So I'm up earlier than usual,
feeding the animals and me,
and then I'll head over to the town.

Good thing I mowed the yards yesterday!

Watching Michael coverage on TV.
The guys are already planning work trips
up to the Panhandle. Rod has High Council
meeting tonight and they will get more
information on the Stake's plans.
But for sure they will be heading up there
for several weekends.
Kyle's house got successfully tied down,
and his property only got some light wind
and minor rain showers,
but he is only about 30 minutes to an hour
away from MAJOR damage.
I imagine he'll be doing lots of helping
over the next weeks and months.

No comments: