Monday, December 20, 2021

Introducing PIG and Other Random Stuff

 Good Monday Afternoon!

We had a wonderful weekend...

Introducing:

Pig!!!


Yes, he is a cat.
Kyle named him.

We picked him up at the local animal shelter.
He is a male, feral cat with a broken leg.


As such he will be living in this large crate
in our barn for the next 4 weeks.
And then when his leg is healed and he
associates the barn with food and shelter,
we will let him out.

To catch our RATS!

So far he isn't very friendly
which is to be expected.
(And kind of what we want...
we aren't looking for a Pet, just a ratter...)

He lays quietly in the back corner during the day.
The next morning he is likely in a different
corner - and his nice little house is all mashed,
his litter box is "used", and his dinner
dish is empty, upside down, and in the corner with him.
So he has claimed it as his own.

And he has learned to drink water from
the bottle like the rabbits do.
(which reduces the mess and keeps it fresh...)

If you reach your hands too close
(this morning I had to re-adjust his roof blanket)
he will open his mouth, show his teeth
and do a very quiet hiss.
Otherwise, he just watches.

I don't imagine it will take too long for him
to get used to us and stop hissing.
And when he gets loose and the dogs
meet him face-to-face (if they ever do,
I expect he will stay out of sight for the most part...)
they better watch out.
He's quite large.
And I'm pretty sure he can efficiently protect himself.

That means YOU Beau.
STAY AWAY.
He will kick your butt!

So......
That's the latest from the barn.

AND


Last night we made dinner from OUR food!
Home grown peas. 
(Why, yes, that IS a lot of peas...)
(I ended up putting them in the salad)
Sauted fresh yellow squash.
Our own chuck roast.
(and instant potatoes...)
I spent TWO HOURS shelling the peas.
By then I was DONE.
So instant it was.... lol.

Anyhow, it was delicious.
And we are looking forward to many more
such meals.
Today it is POURING rain.
So the garden should be happy.

ALSO.


We are all set up for Christmas.
Saturday we got a box FULL of presents!
Thank you Mom and Dad!
You guys are so thoughtful!!!


All ready for church.
(Notice the earrings!)
I got a gazillion comments on them!
They are christmas tree decorations
I bought at Dollar Tree for $1.
They were lots of fun!!!
And of course, that is my favorite Christmas
sweater from Mom a bazillion years ago.

Ok,
that's it for today.
I need to go make some German Pancake for Rod's breakfasts.
He is working 8-5 this week so needs food in the morning.
And I need to make a lasagna because he will be
home for dinner!
And I need to make dog food because they keep eating it all!
I just finished teaching my morning class.....
So I need to get out of my office
and into my kitchen.

Have a WONDERFUL Pre-Christmas Monday!

No comments: