Monday, December 13, 2021

PEAS!!!!!

 Weeeeeeee!

We have PEAS!

Enough to actually PICK!


Look at those guys!


Yesterday I went out and picked a bunch!
And today there are MORE!
(I just finished teaching my morning class,
I'm heading out there to pick!)


Not a bad haul for a first run.
We planted LOTS of beds, but we staggered 
when we planted so we wouldn't be out
all at the same time...
they would come in slowly and
end slowly.
*barring a frost or whatever.... fingers crossed!


Speaking of fingers crossed, 
this little yellow squash has
THREE squashes growing on it
all at the same time!!!

The zucchinis continue to be a disappointment.
We finally have blossoms, 
but again, they are ALL male.
Sheesh.

Whatever, looks like we might get a 
good yellow squash harvest.

Who knew you needed to plant summer
squash in the winter?????
(NOT the spring...)

BTW - I thought about you Mom all day on Saturday
and hoped your "concert" went well!
I'm sure it did!!!

No comments: