Friday, May 5, 2023

First Funeral

 It went well.
Except I TOTALLY forgot about taking
pictures of the family that attended...
Oops.

I gave the opening prayer, so I attended the service,
although I hadn't intended to.
I didn't know him and only just met his wife yesterday.
It was a nice service and the speakers and other
folks did a nice job.
He sounded like a fun and interesting man who stuffed
a lot of living into his 90 years.

During the viewing hour I sat in the Bishop's office
and we had a nice chat with the ward clerk.
Then the service,
then we set up a lunch for the family and during
that I sat in the kitchen and read a book while
listening to them laughing and laughing and laughing!
What a fun loving family!

They didn't eat much.
Too busy talking and laughing.
Then they left for the internment and I cleaned up.
I was there for about 5 hours.

Came home and signed and addressed all the birthday
cards for the next month.
My birthday card sister still has a broken right arm
and now it looks like they are going to have to do surgery.
It's been since before Christmas!
Poor lady!

By the time I finished that I had just enough time to
inhale a quick bowl of homemade soup and 
run into my zoom room to teach tonight's class.
During the first break I went outside and fed the horse
and then came in and put in a load of laundry.
During the 2nd break I went outside and closed the 
chicken coop, brought the dogs in and fed them and moved
the laundry from the washer into the dryer.
During the 3rd break (they are only 10 minutes) I helped
Rod (who just got home from work)
make a pot of chili in the instant pot and a pan
of corn bread for their dinner.

Kyle didn't get home from the tater farm until after 9:00.
He has probably already eaten and gone to sleep.

So, it's been another full and busy day.


Tomorrow morning I have got to get out there
and harvest the beans!!!

Whew!

No comments: