Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Wednesday's New Normal

 For the next 4 weeks my Wednesday's will 
begin with a quick trip into town
with a sister who is going through chemo
and radiation.
She is doing DAILY treatments for 4 weeks.

So far she's feeling pretty good.

Fun fact: I was her piano teacher back when
she was a young teenager.
(And no, she doesn't still play...)

I'm not sure I ever really taught her anything.
It was her mom's idea - she wasn't really
on board - so mostly we just sat at the
piano and I let her talk about whatever was
going on in her life.
I talked to her Mom about that and she was 
happy that she was talking to SOMEBODY.
(Teenagers.... sigh...)

She has turned into a great woman.
Who can't play the piano.
Hahahaha.

After that I headed home to eat a GIANT
salad and then head outside to mow all
the yards / pastures and wait for the missionaries
to swing by for a "short message" at 4:00.
(I told them I was available to sit outside with
them from 4-5 but then I have to teach...)

I'm sitting out here, enjoying the beautiful
shade in my yard and the smell of freshly
mowed grass. And it's 5:13.
Hahahaha.

Meanwhile, I brought my laptop outside and did
the ward RS newsletter.
It's not anywhere as good as the usual one, but
my newsletter sister got snagged by Primary and
then her brother-in-law passed away so she had
to head out of town.

Speaking of which, one of our elderly brothers in
the ward passed Sunday morning.
I'm helping with my first funeral on Friday.
Hopefully she'll get me the information so I
can create the program, and then I need to
figure out lunch for 24 following the service.

My new compassionate service counselor works
16 hour days Monday through Wednesday,
we are having a presidency meeting tomorrow
morning at 9 and we will figure it out then.
They just want sandwiches, so we may just order
a party platter and buy some salads and call it done.
But I'll wait and talk to my more experienced
counselors and see what they think.


Need to go close the gate, let the dogs out,
feed the horse, make me a quick dinner
and get ready to teach.

Happy Wednesday!


No comments: