Wednesday, November 29, 2023

So Much Free Time!

 Ok, not really....
but Sunday I was released as RS President.
And it FEELS like I have so much
extra time each day!

However, at the same time as they released
me, I volunteered to start the Ward Bulletin
back up again. We stopped doing it during
Covid and then when we created our new
ward, we just never started it up.

We are finding a large majority of the people
are NOT reading their email, accessing either
FaceBook OR the church calendar on the website,
so there are lots of things happening in the ward
that they aren't hearing about.
(Since we have been directed to limit the
announcements during Sacrament Meeting.)

So.....
I have been researching online for the various
options for ward bulletin layouts.

We want to do the full page folded in half version.

The front cover, this week, is going to be a line
drawing of our temple in Orlando.
Then when you open it, on the left side will be
the outline for the meeting.
On the right side will be announcements,
as well as important phone numbers,
(missionaries, RS & EQ Pres and Ward Exec Secty...)
Then on the back page I am going to title
it Bishop Doodles and I'm going to put some
sort of activity. Either another picture to color,
or a dot-to-dot, or word search, something like that.
The Bishop asked if he could color up on the stand?
Which is why we are calling it Bishop Doodles.

This week is Fast & Testimony meeting,
so it will be easy. They gave me access to the
web page where they have the music and talks
for the next quarter already assigned.
The plan is that I will get it up and running,
so there is sort of a plug and play template
and then when we move it will be easy for
somebody to take over.

Also, I volunteered to play the piano for RS.
However, I'm not going to be there on the
weekends that I teach down in West Palm.
But that's ok, we have another sister who can
take a turn. She sometimes plays the organ
in Sac Mtg - she will just have to hot foot it
from the chapel to the RS room.

Anyhow.

 
It has been a little chilly here so I have been enjoying
hot chocolate and a book a whole lot more lately.
It's kind of nice.

(NEW HOUSE UPDATE... We passed the home and termite inspections
on Friday with flying colors... everything looks to be on target for
a December 15 close! Weeeeeeee!)

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Sounds Wonderful. I might volunteer the same then I remember I still workfull time haha! But1 miss our bulletin. I Lovethe Doodles Idea!! Nice going