Tuesday, January 11, 2011

YUM!

Ok... so I'll never be a food blogger.  I always forget my camera!  And then when I DO remember to take pictures, my new camera is a Kodak and doesn't upload into "my pictures" on my computer.  And doesn't import into my blog.  (at least that I have been able to figure out...)  So I have to put them in a gallery, then save each one individually into my pictures, THEN upload them into my blog.  Yah, that's gonna happen on a regular basis....

But I want to be more consistent with my blog - so pictures will have to be for "special" occassions.  (Or when I have time AND I'm sitting at the boy's computer at home... my new laptop only has 3G of space, so I'm not putting photos on there yet...)  (since I'm computer illiterate and to me 3G sounds like a pint as opposed to a gallon...  LOL)

So... 

Over the weekend I tried a new crockpot recipe from my FAVORITE website www.crockpot365.blogspot.com    It was SUPER easy and super good!  Now, I'm also a pepper geek.  I don't eat anything warmer than medium salsa.  (And often chose mild ...)  So it says something that I liked this!

I bought a 2.5 lb chuck roast and popped it in the crockpot.  Then opened a jar of peperocini peppers.  Dumped the whole jar on top.  Put on the lid (I used my new 5 quart crock the boys gave me for Christmas) and set it on low.  Left for Stake Conference. 

8 hours later, Jim put it on warm.  An hour or so later, I opened the lid, used a slotted spoon to transfer the meat and peppers to a big bowl.  Used 2 forks to shred the meat.  Cut open a sourdough hoagie roll (from the WalMart bakery), piled some meat and peppers on the roll.  Put 2 slices of provolone cheese on the meat and stuck the whole mess under the broiler (in the toaster oven) for a minute or two until the cheese melted and the other side of the roll got a little toasted.

Can I just say......  YUM!

2 ingredients!  (well, ok 4, if you count the bread and cheese...)  Jim and I each had it again for dinner last night and both really liked it!  (Kyle is a bigger pepper wimp than me so he had ramon noodles...)  There's enough for another round of sandwiches, but I'm out of rolls, so I either need to get more, or get creative.  It might be really good on a bed of rice.....  or egg noodles... 

But I won't find out, since I'm heading to Jacksonville (north Florida) later today.  IF the people I'm meeting with can get out of Atlanta...  They are all stuck up there in the snow storm. 

Give this a try - it's EASY, CHEAP, DELISH!  And makes lots!  With a green salad on the side, it's a good meal............

No comments: