Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday and I'm Off!

Wow! It's been such a long time since I've had a Saturday off!!!!! 

However, I woke up at 3:00 and realized we didn't turn off the sprinkler in the pasture (again).  It has an auto-shutoff that seems to be malfunctioning - so it just keeps running and then blows the hose off and floods the little pasture.  Which, in itself, isn't terrible, but my pump runs non-stop and that can't be good for the pump.  Or my electric bill!  (grin)

The hose got stuck so the sprinkler was still going - I turned it off and headed back in to bed.  The moon was SO bright - I was tempted to go for a walk in the woods!  (might have too, if it weren't for all the wild pigs out there...) (Ok, stop freaking out - I wouldn't REALLY walk in the woods by myself in the middle of the night... but it WAS a tempting thought.)

Unfortunately, once back in my bed, sleep evaded me.  So I turned on an old episode of "What Not To Wear".  But she had a body type similar to mine and I actually enjoyed their suggestions.  And then it was 4:00.  So I turned on an old episode of Clinton Anderson (horse trainer) and he put me to sleep teaching a horse to load in a trailer.  (lots of standing around... informational, but boring...  LOL)  Next thing I knew, it was 6.  Got up and opened my door so I would know when/if Kyle got up at 6:30.  He has to go into work early on Saturdays so I wanted to make sure he was up in time.  He was.  Good man!

He came out with me and helped me fix the sprinker and then he went to work and I fed the horses and let the dogs out.  Was going to do a workout, but it was SO glorious out there, instead, I put a saddle on Andy and my darling husband and I went for a ride. 

Well, Rod was driving across Indiana and I was riding across the Cameron Preserve - but I had my cellphone strapped to my waist and a bluetooth in my ear - so I phoned him and we chatted while I rode and kept him posted what trails I was on.  It was almost like he was riding with me! 



I took Nancy along with me too - well at least I wore the cute hat she sent me for my birthday...  Love that hat!


With all the lacy edges, when I bend down to go under a branch, I can still see ahead of me and don't get clocked unexpectedly by another branch.  (ask me how I know...)



Speaking of Nancy, SO glad Nancy's news was good yesterday!  YEA to the power of fasting and prayer!

Update:  Rod is now in Ohio...  Jim just went through Flagstaff.  (Kyle will be jealous...)










No comments: