Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tueday in Paradise

Good morning!  I'm having a GREAT morning this morning.  Just one of those days when you feel great.  When I got up this morning, I headed out to let the dogs out, then took my camera and checked out the garden.  And this is what I found.  (And they are DELISH!  LOL)

Cherry Tomatoes


Row of cherry tomatoes



Two green pepper plants


PEAS!!!!!!!

Lots of tomatoes to come...



Cucumber - with flowers - can't wait to put cukes in my smoothie!


Watermelon - with little flowers


Andy peeking in


Ok, enough pictures already... let's do BREAKFAST!
So, then I went back inside the house to check the goodies in the kitchen.  Last night Kyle made some beef jerky (3 different flavors) and I made YOGURT!  Yup.  Never made it before... it was amazingly easy and so yummy!  I forgot to take a picture in the crock pot, but here's the finished product.  (less the stuff I ate this morning in my smoothie....  YUMMMMMM)

 

Yogurt!
1/2 gallon milk
2 T powdered milk
1 small tub yogurt (for your starter)

Pour milk into your crockpot and turn it on LOW. Set a timer for 2.5 hours.
(right after work)
At the 2.5 hour mark, unplug the crock but leave the lid on.
Reset the timer for 3 hours.
(while eating dinner, watching House and Top Gear)
At the 3 hour mark, (just before bed) remove 2 cups of warm milk and put into a bowl.
Add the starter yogurt and powdered milk.
Stir well and then pour back into the crockpot.
Put the lid back on, then wrap the whole thing (still unplugged) with a heavy beach towel and go to bed. (Or just leave it alone for 8 hours)

Presto! Yogurt!!! I used vanilla yogurt as my starter, so it was already flavored and yummy. My friend who does this all the time adds a package of jello at the end. The gelatin helps thicken (as does the powdered milk) and also adds flavor and a cute little bit of color. (good if you are feeding to kids...)

Before making (and eating) my smoothie, I did a workout, dry brushed, showered, dressed and THEN made my smoothie.  All with all the doors and windows open so the glorious morning could come in.  (and a stray dog... Ozzy seems to think he's invisible and he can come inside and check everybody out...  silly dog.)

Hope you are having a glorious morning too!

UPDATE:  Rod is in Illinois, spent the night at the delivery place so he could deliver this morning.  Was leaving Chicago last night - getting fuel and weighing the truck in Legrand, IL.  Called Jim.  Asked where he was.  He said he was at WalMart.  Where?  Legrand, IL.  WHAT?????  They missed each other by about 30 minutes!!!!  Anyhow, they gave Rod a new load, heading to California for a Saturday delivery.  Which would be fine, except he's QUITTING and Friday is his last day.  LOL  He talked to the dispatcher who said he "remembered you saying something about that now..."  Those poor guys are so busy and trying to remember everybody's everything has GOT to be hard! 

Jim is heading to California so he can upgrade and then head back east to Chattanooga to meet up with Rod.  Then they'll get their own truck and hit the road as the BUFFALOE HERD.  (small herd... but powerful!)

1 comment:

Rod said...

Baby i was In Postville , IOWA not Illinois. You and geography...LOL