Wednesday, May 4, 2011

True Confessions

Ok.  Time for true confessions.

I'm SO embarassed......  because:

1.  This morning was trash day.  So I gathered all the trash from the house (2 tall kitchen bags) and carried them out to the truck.  Now, I have a pretty long driveway.  And I need to get to work.  And I have an electric gate.  So I can't just open it, walk through and then close it behind me - it swings the entire width of the driveway and then back again.  So...  I put the two bags of trash on the hood of my truck.  And then I drove to the end of the driveway.  As I approached the end of the drive, I gunned the motor and then slammed on the brakes.  Successfully sliding the two bags of trash off the hood of my truck and neatly in a pile right where the garbage man will be expecting them to be for pickup later.  And then I looked up and there was my posh next-door-neighbor in his fancy Cadillac SUV.  Sheesh.  I am SUCH a red neck.

2.  Last week I sent out cute little hand-written notes to each of my Visiting Teaching Sisters to come to a "Meet and Eat" at the local Tropical Smoothie on Monday at 12:30.  We meet every first Monday each month.  An nice, fun, easy way to get together with them! 

Except I totally FORGOT!  And I even SAW one of them on the way to the office that morning!  Now, normally I'm working at least in the morning on Mondays and I do have it on my calendar at work, but Rod was in town - leaving later that day - so I only stopped by the office to send my school papers up to Atlanta.  Didn't even look at my calendar.  And then I spent the rest of the day with Rod - running around doing errands and just enjoying my last few hours with him for another month.  Didn't remember until about 5:30 that evening when I saw something on Facebook.  Sheesh.  I am SUCH a goof!

3.  For days and days and days I have been hearing ads on the radio and thinking in the back of my mind about Mothers Day coming up on Sunday.  And now here it is Wednesday and there is no way on EARTH I'm getting a card or anything else to Canada by Sunday.  (We don't really "do" what we call Hallmark Days here at my house - but my Mom loves stuff like that and I love my Mom!)  I am SUCH a bad "holiday" daughter. 

However.  I had a really good smoothie this morning.  So I'm not ALL bad, right? 

Yup, my actual smoothie on my actual BLUE kitchen counter.  (I did NOT pick the counters... came with the house...)  It was yummy!

UPDATE:  Rod is somewhere between Hattiesburg, MS and Jackson, MI.  On his way to Dallas, TX. 
Jim is in Denver, CO.  Dropping a load, I think.  Love that Google tells me where he is all the time, but unfortunately I missed his call last night so I don't know WHY he is in Denver.  Or where he is going next. 

1 comment:

Rod said...

At least you took out the trash..