Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Genealogy

I don't do genealogy.
(I even had to have my computer 
fix my spelling of the word...)

I'm not a "detective" kind of person.
Stuff is what it is.
If it isn't, then, whatever.
I don't like to dig.

Maybe some day?
But I'm 55 years old.
So it's not looking good.

However.

My Mother IS.
A genealogist extraordinaire.
So hopefully she will like this.

Rod's aunt (or cousin?)
(see... genealogy - not my thing)
Sandy, just posted this on Facebook.
I got permission to share it here.

She found this in Grandma Buffaloe's Bible.


That's Rod's Dad, George.


Free Lee (who died 11/8/54) is
George's Dad (Rod's grandpa)


Down at the bottom in the black ink
is George and Annie's wedding 
June 5, 1950


And up at the top with the heavy 
strike out is 
RODNEY MACK BUFFALOE
my darling
born Aug 14, 1955.

Rod's Aunt Louise apparently did an extensive
family history - Sandy thinks Aunt Anita has it.
But when I communicated with Anita this morning,
she is going in for hip replacement surgery 
next month, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get
a copy of whatever she has, anytime soon.

She knows I want it though...

NEAT!

I don't DO genealogy,
but I appreciate those who do
and it's fun to take a (brief) look.

(And if you squint, this blog is my
attempt at genealogy - instead of writing
stuff in the family bible... HERE you go!)
(grin)

No comments: