Friday, November 18, 2016

Gearing Up

I'm heading out of town.
Again.

Rod will be home though.
He has a list longer than his arm
of things he wants / needs to do
this weekend.
In all his spare time.
HAhahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anyhow.

I believe I already mentioned earlier,
we are having people over for 
Thanksgiving Dinner.

I don't normally do that.

Back in the olden days, the family
was almost all up in Gainesville
for the annual motocross races,
enjoying turkey under a tent
in the horrible,
hot and windy
or freezing and windy
November Gainesville weather.

I was always grateful to stay home.

And then we closed the shop
and we sometimes went to Tim and Angie's
house for Thanksgiving dinner.

But this year Jim and Sabrina have
plans to go camping up in the 
Ocala National Forest
for the long weekend.
We are going to have a Thanksgiving Breakfast
before they leave town.

Kyle is still in Utah.
He will be having Thanksgiving dinner with 
some friends who live out there.

Rod and I were going to just have a
nice, quiet, thanksgiving / birthday dinner.
Just the two of us.

But then he decided to invite a couple of
his Home Teaching Sisters who were
going to be alone.
And then he was talking to another friend
and ended up inviting him and his wife.

So it will be 6 of us for dinner.

I plan to spend much of this weekend
working on the menu / shopping list.
(My students have lots of built in - 
work-on-it-by-yourself 
kind of stuff this weekend)
(A 2 hour "mid term" on Saturday morning,
2 hours of "review" videos,
and a 2 hour "final exam" on Sunday evening)

Anyhow.
I'm pretty sure I know what I'm serving.
Just need to finalize it.
Most of what I'm making is 
Trim Healthy Mama compliant.
Although it's not Thanksgiving without Rhodes rolls.
So there will be those.
And I'll TRY not to eat more than a dozen.

Anyhow.
I'm super excited about it.

2 comments:

rktucson said...

So, WHICH electronic rat zapper did you get? (and I left comment on one of your other posts today, but it was a post from a while ago - because I haven't been online much lately)

Collette said...

We got the one that looks like an old fashioned lunch box. Rod is really happy with it. ($42)