Friday, November 11, 2016

Happy Happy Friday!

This has been a weird week.
Speaking of weird.
That's a weird word.

I before E except after C
except as in WEIRD!

Sorry, lost control a little there...

So, it has been a little weird.
Good, but weird.

First, I was OFF this past weekend.
Now that is WEIRD!
(And my dreams this week reflected that...
I've been having nightmares every night
about teaching.
Last night I was teaching in a garage
and couldn't get any WiFi signal.
And later (after I woke up and then
went back to sleep) it turned out
it was a 4-day-in-a-row class,
which I can't teach anymore because
of my other job... but there I was!)
It's stressful.
LOL

Anyhow.

It was wonderful to get to spend the 
weekend with my darling husband.
We went up to the feed mill to get
a huge load of feed for the critters.
That's always enjoyable.

We took the horses for a ride in the woods
for the first time in nearly a YEAR!
That was awesome!
The horses did really well, especially
considering they are basically retired now.
Andy's arthritis flared a little,
but he still did really well.

We had a friend come over to show us
his Roku system and help us decide 
whether we should ditch satellite and go with
something else.

We got about half done putting up a new
gate in the back of the pasture
so we can ride the horses without
having to go out on the road.
(I don't love riding on the road, even though
the majority of people in our neighborhood 
are really friendly and respectful, still...
And it hurts Andy's hip...)
(And it's BORING)

We went to church, it was nice to see
all the people I don't get to see often.

I did lots of cooking so we had lots of 
food for the week...
All-in-all it was a great weekend.

Monday was back to work.
And then Tuesday Rod had some melanoma
removed from his arm.
No pictures.
You are welcome.
(grin)
We both took the day off, thinking we could
go riding again and finish the gate.
But he isn't allowed to lift, push or pull for 2 weeks.
So, no.
Instead, we relaxed.
(And somewhere in there we went to Lowe's
and bought a piece of really cool ceramic tile
that looks like a plank of old barn board...
we are thinking of using it to resurface our kitchen
counter tops..)
(We looked at it all weekend and then returned it.)
(We like it, but aren't anywhere near ready to do it...)
(I want to screen-in the patio first...)
WAY more bang for our buck!

Oh, and I took Rod to Waffle House (as promised)
as a reward for being a good patient.
He was a REALLY good patient.
It was pretty gross.
(I watched for a minute and then ordered
an electronic rat zapper on Amazon... lol)
(Thanks Reid!!!!)

Wednesday was back to work for both of us.
Except for some reason I didn't get any mail at 
the office, which meant I didn't get any work.
Which meant sitting all day trying to look busy.
How about NO!
I told my supervisor I had a "headache" and
she gave me permission to go home "sick".
Which was AWESOME!
Took Andy for another ride for about 45 minutes.
It was so nice!
And did more cooking.
And repainted our front gate people. 


They've faded really really badly,
so I painted them black.
They need another coat, but ok for now...

Thursday was back to work.
And this morning, here I am again.
I'm working this weekend.
So no more weirdness (and maybe no more
dreams to disturb my sleep!)

And THIS is what I'm having for lunch today.
(I've been 100% "on plan" for a couple of weeks
and am down 10 pounds!  YIPPEEE!)


From the bottom up...
Yummy sugar free Balsamic Vinaigrette
then a layer of shredded cheese
then a layer of real bacon bits
then a layer of fresh mushrooms
then a BUNCH of fresh baby spinach.

Is it lunch time yet?????
LOL

No comments: