Monday, March 20, 2017

Counting Down

Woot!
I'm counting the days until I get to fly to Tucson!
I am SOOOOO ready!

This weekend I had 47 people pre-registered
for my class.
Last month I had 43 registered and
30 of them showed up.
In a room that barely holds 28.

So I made arrangements with the owner of
the facility to set us up for the absolute
maximum.
They measured.
They brought in different chairs.
(the normal ones are wider and have arms)
They squished in an extra row of tables.
We were PREPARED!

Registration and handing out books
begins at 7:30.
Class starts promptly at 8:00.

At 7:45 I had FOUR, count 'em, FOUR
students.

Then, of course they began dribbling in.

I ended up with 11.
Sigh.

(Sunday 2 more showed up - who comes
to class on the SECOND day????)

Anyhow.
They were nice people,
friendly, with good, thoughtful questions.
So it was a good class and I actually
MUCH prefer a smaller class,
but I can guarantee if we hadn't done all the 
extra stuff, we would have had all 47 of 'em.
LOL

(During lunch the guy came in with an assistant
and took all the extra stuff back down again...)

Life of a teacher of adult education.

HOW many days until I fly out?????
(grin)

No comments: